Re: [NTLK] pardon my ignorance 2100 to WinXP with no serial dongle

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 13:14:10 PST

On Nov 12, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Dr. Paul Jerry wrote:
> I have a WinXP laptop & a N2100. I want to be able to connect the two
> so I can transfer files, backup etc etc. (need to print things, save
> as text files etc.)

You can get a Keyspan Serial->USB Adapter, then use NCU on Windows to
connect serially to the Newt (you might need slowdown.exe, check the
archives for recommended setups, there's been a lot of discussion on
this), and you're good to go.

For printing, I've used Soft Print Pack
(http://www.sytek.ca/products/newton/spp.htm), now freeware, which lets
you print to any networked Windows printer from the Newt via the serial
connection to the Windows machine.

- Dave