Re: [NTLK] re missing wireless drivers & the "free market"

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 01:46:21 PST

On Tuesday, November 30, 2004, at 12:03 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net=20
wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:46:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mark Jozaitis <sales_at_macsruscomputers.com>
>
> Hello All!
> After hearing ALL of your thoughts for the Prices, I
> think I will NOW go $35-$40... AFTER I get the drive(r)s
> I will sell them.

I've been wondering all along what you mean by this.

The drivers registration is usually personalized to the Newton Owner=20
name field. If. you gave him $300 for "30 drivers" they could not be=20
activated by you for the end user. Perhaps you might wish to just hold=20=

off selling them as Newton cards until he puts his page back up. It's=20=

your call though.

If you want to check ebay completed items for Orinoco PCMCIA you may=20
get a better idea of pricing IMO. But again it's your call :) you've=20
not said (that I recall) exactly what brand/WEP card they are.

HTH.

Brian

--=20
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the=20
growth of private power to the
point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That=20=

in its essence is fascism =97
ownership of government by an individual, by a group or any controlling=20=

private power.": President
Franklin D. Roosevelt <http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1106-30.htm>