Re: [NTLK] WTB: baseball cap!?!?

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 02:22:54 PDT

Sometime around 1/10/04 (at 9:26 am +0200) DJ Vollkasko said:

>My suggestion:
>
>How about Keith, Wilber and Luiz getting in touch with each other,
>comparing notes and pricings and staking out the turf, so everybody can
>focus on the product he does best of the three for the lowest price.

A very good suggestion. Of course, the angle I went for doesn't allow
any price movement. Well, apart from dropping the $1 per item for
NTLK! The CafePress 'base price' is what they take from each sale.
That's fair enough, as it is simply the price to be paid for using a
ready-made service like this!

It also means that I have zero production costs: there's no 'run' to
worry about, and I dn't even have to do anything further apart from
maybe add some more goods to the pages.

But the bottom line is this: I have no emotional attachment
whatsoever to keeping that going. Heck, it has only been up a week,
and it was done as an experiment rather than a way to sell stuff! So
if someone does a print run and it seems the CafePress 'Newtonwear'
store is muddying the waters I'll gladly stand it down. :-)

On the shipping front, I'd be happy to help out with someone local to
me. I am generally *very* busy so, for everyone's sake, I shouldn't
commit to managing products going in and out. But if I can help out
in any other way...