[NTLK] Value VS Worth (was Re: einstein -> antelope -> oqo?)

From: Sunder (sunder_at_sunder.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 15:18:18 PDT

That was pascal, not LISP. http://users.iafrica.com/r/ra/rainier/top10.htm

"Pascal's inventor, Nicholas Wirth, and parameter passing conventions
coalesce to form a nifty pun: You can pronounce his name by reference:
Wirth or by value: Worth."

And another: http://www.nickle.org/name.html

Nickle's Worth. ("Europeans call him by name, but Americans call him by
value.") Niklaus Wirth was easily the single biggest influence on my
development of interest in and understanding of programming languages and
language design.

 + ^ + :"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. /|\
  \|/ :They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country /\|/\
<--*-->:and our people, and neither do we." -G. W. Bush, 2004.08.05 \/|\/
  /|\ : \|/
 + v + : War is Peace, freedom is slavery, Bush is President.