Re: [NTLK] Windows or Mac

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 15:12:12 PDT

There are literally dozens of DTPs for the
PC...purchase and shareware...My personal choice is
PageMaker (I was using PM back when it was owned by
Aldus on my Windows 1.0 OS) I've used PM on both the
Mac and PC and found no functional difference...but I
prefer the PC for the sheer volume of choices
(hardware and software) available...I'm extremly picky
and will go through a half a dozen applications,
MINIMUM before I find one I like that does the job I
want...the PC affords me these choices.
As for a DTP you may want to try, Microsoft Publisher
is a very good entry level DTP that has a remarkable
penetration in the corporate market...Most times, if
you send someone at a company a *.pub file, they will
have MSPublisher to open it with...
Unfortunatly, it's been years since I've done any DTP
so, my information may be somewhat out of date.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- LAG <lagoff11_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> YOU CAN also buy those same dtp programs for the pc.
> my wife uses both macs and pc as a graphic
> designer. your choice of either mac or pc is up to
> you. as i have said before its a preference thing.
> you know what you need to do and what you want to
> do. so you need to figure out which is better for
> you at this time and go from there. i will refrain
> from a mac vs pc thread as i am a pc user.
>
> hth,
>
> LAG

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin