Re: [NTLK] Windows or Mac

From: Tommaso (tommaso.scigliuzzo_at_tin.it)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 16:39:56 PDT

Hi Ed,
but I can't resist
:-)

http://www.versiontracker.com/macos/cat/prepress Mac OS 9 (20 pages of
choices)
http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/cat/prepress Mac OS X (18 pages)
http://www.versiontracker.com/windows/cat/prepress (15 pages)

Probably the first two results are for simple apps, add-on and plug-ins
and the third for serious apps (among those MS Publisher) probably not.
:-)

Probably in www.download.com/ or www.tucows.com portals will be more
Win side results than Mac, with more choices than versiontracker.com,
probably not.
:-)

This just to say that, with the exception of games side, of a lot of
vertical apps and tons of chespest pieces of hardware (those sell in
blister without a name outside always defective 1 on 2) today everyone
can have the same choices on Mac and PC, at the same price.
I'm a mac user since to 1991 and I think that what you said could be
correct for the period of deepest Apple crisis (1995-1997) when a lot
of software and hardware developers stopped their support to Mac and
switched on Win. Starting from 1998 the situation is changed with more
software and hardware again.
:-)

Why not Linux? On Intel/AMD or PowerPC?
:-)

BTW
Everyone is free to make his right choice.
:-)

With deepest respect for your exceptional Newton activity
Tommaso