Re: [NTLK] mac or not to mac, or how much PC really costs

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 06:49:47 PDT

I AM SORRY that your pc experience was so frustrating. i must say that your experience is not the norm and im not sure where you got your pc or what you told them you needed it for. im sure had you spoke to a qualified person, not just a tech, they would have asked you more questions before you purchased the pc and let you know what to do. it seems you went into this without proper research before hand as to what you needed from your pc. may your imac work forever. ill stick to pc's.

LAG

j g <atcnn2_at_yahoo.se> wrote:
Hi All,

Now more philosophic.

Than I was talking to my friends, PC lovers. They said: I exaggerate.
After all, one has to know the computer. I said: I don't want to know
how computer works, imagine, I said to them, a TV-set or a car which
stops 5 times a day or asks you to decide if something is virus or
not?? Or I should know, in TV-set case, which resistor has to be
changed when TV-set suddenly stops. Is it so that most of civilized
people accepted to work with prototypes or half ready products, and pay
and pay and pay endless amount of money for support, service, patches,
holes, hangs, lost data, virus attacks etc.. What it is good for? Why
it is so accepted? Are we so stupid at the end? (NOT WE MAC PEOPLE)

John