[NTLK] Syncing with Mac OS?

From: Glen Givens (CGivens3_at_neo.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 11:24:49 PDT

I am trying to find a way to sync my Newton Dates to my iMac.

I have had luck using Nsync and iCal, but the meetings notes do not show up
in iCal going from Newton to Mac. I have not tried the other direction.

Also I have the same problem with Newton Names and Address Book.

The same dilemma results when substituting iCal with Palm Desktop, Claris
Organizer, and Now Up 2 Date.

Since syncing has not been an option, I have been trying to export the
entries via NCU, as tab-delimited, using different export rules of NCU
(entries separated by line-feed return and fields separated by tabs/commas).
About the only way that I can legibly view these files is through a Word
Processor (Claris Works, Word, etc). There is a lot of editing involved in
order to have a useable version on the desktop.

 I have tried to dump these entries into FileMaker Pro, but since there are
tabs and returns within the notes of the Newton Meetings & Names, the fields
do not match up.

Has anyone had any success or a less labor some method to get items onto the
Desktop? I have not begun to try the other way around other than copying and
pasting from the desktop into the Newton with NCU and/or Escale.

--
Glen Givens
Newton Addict