Re: [NTLK] New Newton possability - RTF exchange

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 13:08:29 PDT

> I got this right, a faster Newton with better (resolution?) brighter
> touchscreen? Add me more fluent data exchange with OSX (sometimes RTF
> can be such a *i%$"! Oh, Anger, Frustration!)
   More fluent data exchange? *caugh* indeed. Download the DCL, and
learn to use it. It shouldn't be to difficult to write an XML
translator to take the output of NSOFtoXML and convert it to RTF. Or
write it in a C++ class, and call it TDCLRTFEncoder / TDCLRTFDecoder.
Look at the NSOFtoXML.cp source file for conventions of how the classes
work - they take a TDCLStdStream parameter, which appears to be a DCL
wrapper around stdIn and stdOut.

   A new Newton possibility indeed :) And doable now. I don't know
enough about how what objects NewtWorks puts into the NSOF file, or RTF
syntax..

Jim