Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac or PC - Try it! OR use CherryOS

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 06:38:10 PDT

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:48:17 -0700, Martin Joseph
<martynt_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2004, at 3:00 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
> > On 12-okt-04, at 22:48, Seb Payne wrote:
> >> Ah, but with CherryOS (www.cherryos.com), I can use my PC for network
> >> testing and OS X for everything else!
> >
> > It certainly looks interesting, but it has me looking at the calendar
> > to see if it's almost April.
> > Smells like a hoax to me...
> >
> Strangely, , I thought the exact same thing...

Well there is also the Open Source PearPC project
(pearpc.sourceforge.net) which also claims to be able to run OS X on a
PC. So, I'm inclined to believe that what they claim is *possible*.

Perrsonally, I'm more suspicious of the origins of their code, etc. By
that I mean whether it will turn out that CherryOS is somehow based on
PearPC.

<<<john>>>