Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac or PC - Try it! OR use CherryOS

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 08:53:34 PDT

At 07:38 AM 10/13/2004, you wrote:

> > > It certainly looks interesting, but it has me looking at the calendar
> > > to see if it's almost April.
> > > Smells like a hoax to me...
> > >
> > Strangely, , I thought the exact same thing...

Strangely, when I saw this it took me back to my days at the University of
Alberta when we had to emulate the 6502 instruction set on an IBM
compatible (an Amdahl mainframe actually). If done properly it should have
been able to boot the Apple II OS. This was back in 1980/81.

Virtual PC would have done about the same thing, as would Apple's 68000
compatibility system, and Tandem's VLX on MIPS. I suspect DEC did something
like this for VAX on RISC as well.

To me, it looked like an undergrad emulation project gone wild.

Andrei