Re: [NTLK] top slot not responding?

From: Bernie Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 17:00:53 PDT

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. It
prompted me to go buy another Newton 2100. When I got
the other Newton, it had a scratch in the screen so I
decided to swap mother boards. After I made the swap I
checked to old MB out and low and behold the top slot
was working again! I can only assume that the removal
of battery power for an extend period of time might
have had something to do with it.

The original cause for my top slot to go dead I
believe had to do with static electricity...

Anyway, I'm a happy Newt toting dude, with a whole
backup unit tucked away for a rainy day.

Regards,
Bernie