Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 2000 internal battery dead ?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 01:07:34 PDT

Rob,

the MP2x00 does not have an internal backup battery, but a supercap.
The supercap is expected to hold sufficient charge to power the RTC for 5-8
hours.
In case the date and time is not correct after having the Newt unpowered,
the supercap is probably dead.
Have you checked if the Newt keeps date and time (in sleep mode) running
when powered?
You can exchange the supercap relatively easy.
It is located next to the cirrus logic chip, named C80 and looks like a
button cell with black isolation. Unfortunately it is glued to the logic
board as well and to remove the glue without any further damage might turn
out to be the hardest bit.
From what I can read on the supercap there is: GC5.5V (and the rest is
covered by the glue)...

Cheers,