Re: [NTLK] First post - display upgrade?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 09:55:33 PDT

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 01:27:41AM -0400, Bill Holt wrote:
> Has anyone on-lost actually done the replacement with the white
> background/backlight?

Most reports on the sites that actually sell the replacements backlight
foils mention that the white backlights are *dimmer* than the original
green was when fairly new. The LCD image layer is matched to the green
foil as well for maximum light transmission.

--
67. No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be
    instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a