Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 02:19:25 PDT

On Oct 16, 2004, at 1:56 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> I think you're right L.A., we seem to have two discussions here.
> - Is the OQO a good PDA? (and the OS can be mentioned in this context
> of course)

no, the OQO is not a PDA, it is a modular computer. it is meant to=20
replace desktopas and laptops, as we know them today. it is also meant=20=

to replace PDAs and eliminate the need of synchronizing to a third=20
device, now that we have smartphones, but it is not a PDA.

> - Is the OQO a platform for Einstein?

no, it is suited for modular computing. sion bells newton interpreter=20
and the einstein project are simply about bringing teh NOS to a newer=20
hardware platform, not a different hardware platform.

/=A0=AE