Re: [NTLK] eMate display problem

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 14:38:44 PDT

What I have seen is a thickening of the grease used to lubricate
between the spring and the hinge. I am not a chemist so I assume that
it is either an evaporation or oxidation issue so if yours is truly new
and still sealed maybe neither of these happened. Of you feel no
tackiness in the grease, just install the washers and feel more secure.
If it is tacky I would remove, clean and re-grease, though others have
used a teflon (or something) oil with apparent success.

Woody