Re: [NTLK] OT - but you all seem so smart!

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 00:41:10 PDT

The answer is very simple:
because in case of a higher current demand the small adapter cannot and will
not provide more than 1.5 Amps, the worst that can happen is that your
DVD-player will not work properly anymore.
Nevertheless 2.2 Amps seems to be a lot (18.8 Watts)for a portable (battery
operated?) device.
But in case the device can be also operated from batteries, this would
explain the bigger power demand for the adapter, because in this case most
probably the batteries canbe charged via the adapter.
So if you remove the batteries the 1.5A adapter should do nicely.

Cheers
Johannes