Re: [NTLK] Flashcard : "VPP is low"/error 10557

From: poopoo (se6ciocco_at_libero.it)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 10:18:18 PDT

Andreas,

i have n.10 cards, on inserting everyone of them the Newton a=
sked to me "Erase?", i tapped "Yes",
then got always the same message: =
"error#-10557".

Paul Guyot said in a earlier posting that a low VPP me=
an that the card is dead,
so i reported the deadly state of its cards to=
 the man who sold them to me,
and its response was that the driver in th=
e cards was simply totally depleted

The cards listing was in german, a=
nd i was not able to comprehend "very well" the meaning of its
phrase a=
bout the drivers, just thought the cards were vergin...i did the same tho=
ught when inserting
the first card in the Newton appeared the message:=0D
=
"This card is new, do you want to format it?" .... I thought "COOL!" ....=
.

To gain back the attribute memory of the cards (just to make them re=
cognizable again)
someone wrote it will need a factory process, so it ca=
nnot be done at home

If anyone got an idea about how to do well the pr=
ocess at home
i will be happy to give him n.5 of mine n.10 cards cards, =
just to have back 5 functional pieces

^_^ Adriano

> >Uh-oh, if the=
y have no attribute memory, then I don't think the Newton can
> >determ=
ine the card type and therefore the driver to use...
> In fact the Newto=
n recognises the card as a memory card, i guess, since
> the slip states=
 'a new memory card is inserted, do you wan't to erase it?
> ' (I quote =
from memory, but that's the message).
> The 10557 error pops up when tap=
ping and confirming the 'erase' in the
> slip. Would the Newton put up s=
uch a message rather then the generic
> "there is a problem with this ca=
rd" I get when inserting a card without
> having it's drivers installed?=

> >i had the same problem a low VPP response on a lot of n.10 PCMCIA 20=
MB
> flash cards,
> >when i keep inserting the cards on my MP2100 (or =
my eMate too)
> >i get rid of the #-10557 error ... :-(
> Do I underst=
and right if I read you managed to get the cards working by
> trying a l=
ot of times (how many approx.?)
> > It means that the card is dead.
> T=
he guy states he tested the cards (how?), and I have five of them...
_____=0ALibero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di a=
ttivazione. =0AAbbonati subito su http://www.libero.it =0A