Re: [NTLK] Cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol is bad?

From: Bryce (petridish_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 15:16:58 PST

I don't own a Newton yet but if it's true they have an anti-glare
coating on the display then you shouldn't ever use isopropyl alcohol
on it. Water and a lint-free/non-abrasive cloth (chamois) is pretty
much your only option. I have heard a super-light (and non-abrasive)
detergent soap (highly diluted with water) can be used in place of
just plain water to get dirt off.

Regarding why your Newton isn't powering back on, there's a chance the
alcohol got somewhere it shouldn't have. Did you remove all power
sources from the Newton before cleaning the screen? If not, you may
have shorted something out.

Hopefully someone can add to this thread and help you out more. Best
of luck to you.

-Bryce