Re: [NTLK] Fwd: New user - memory issues on an MP2000.

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 14:03:45 PDT

On 1 Sep 2004, at 21:34, Josef Chessor wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I run Avi's Backdrop, NIE 1.1, and about fifty other
> applications/extensions on my stock MessagePad 2000. You might try
> finding a few utilities which will help with your heap memory
> utilization. I personally use HeapSaver as my only one. I have 112k
> free (with certain backdrop images selected) and I've found that
> plenty for E-mail, MUDding (barely cooked telnet for game servers, had
> to write my own client), and Newt's Cape/Hemlock in addition to the
> games, books, and other applications I keep on my 2000.

Hijack: Hello Josef ;)

(For everyone else, especially the programmers - I'm getting closer to
having a IIgs I can develop on, so if I can figure out how to program
it, I'm going to try and make it talk to the Newton...)

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)