Re: [NTLK] Hot Newton

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 13:11:21 PDT

> I left my Newton in the car for about an hour earlier
> today, it is kind of hot outside and sunny, and I
> guess because my car was in the sun it
>got hot pretty quickly. When I got back in my car and
> tried to turn on my Newton, nothing happened.

Jeremy,

since you did not mention which type of Newton you are
talking about, I can't be more specific. For most models
you will find what you need to do to resurrect most Newtons
at the top of most pages that you'll find in the hardware
section of the site below. Follow these instructions literally
(as in: DO NOT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY NO MATTER HOW UNIMPORTANT
IT MAY SEEM).
If, after that, the Newton still won't power up, tell me more
about which model it is etc.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de