Re: [NTLK] New iMac

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 13:23:54 PDT

> The iMac G5 has the transformer built-in. Apple provides a nice
> downloadable picture of the iMac with the back off. You can see the
> transformer at the bottom.

   Why? It makes it a nice portable package, yes (and the possibility
of using any power cord, as long as it uses the more-used standard [not
the round one on the iLamp] of which I have at least 50 of..)

   But it makes it (somewhat) heavier, leaves less room for other stuff
inside (maybe - I don't know how big it is), and is hotter (a little,
but that might just matter given the confined space and G5 inside)

Jim