Re: [NTLK] OT Hard Drive

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 19:22:42 PDT

On Sep 8, 2004, at 7:17 PM, David Hitt wrote:

> I apologize for the off-topic message, but I was hoping the vast NTLK
> braintrust could help with something.
>
> I apparently shorted out an external hard drive; the light is blinking,
> but the drive doesn't spin.
>
> Can it be saved?

If you have an identical drive sometimes you can swap the green board
onto the one you popped and get the data back that way...

Or you can troubleshoot the one you blew...

or sometimes you can get it replaced under warranty, although in this
case, that wouldn't be quite right...

What model/maker drive is it?

Marty