Re: [NTLK] Apple Interconnect adapter?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 19:23:07 PDT

The best option is to figure out a replacement for the NIC connector
on the MP side.
Unfortunately the original JAE connectors are difficult to get - but
other than that only a few people would ever get a completed unit
because so few are out there.

Then there is the Blank space currently used but the SER-001 board.
Now if there was a way to retrofit a connector that could accomodate
the full number of connectors for the internal connector that the
SER-001 currently attaches to then this would be a possible solution.

I am a crazy dreaming kinda guy and have taken into consideration that
I am not a electronics guru but love to hack things. In my dreams I
have contemplated finding such a connector - unfortunately they are
hard to come by and as others have pointed out they must be able to
handle many connect.disconnect cycles and fit the Plastic Cover under
the port door. I thought though that the Mac HDI-30 (SCSI) could be
used but after getting a set saw that the sheer size would be
difficult to retrofit into the MP.

I may however just hack that and try fitting it in if I could ever get
one or more of those male connectors that are used in the SER-001
board to attach to the internal connector block.

In regards to the rest of that site - the audio adapter. Well I was
one of the few people who purchased the last series of the adapter.
That white bone color piece before he ran out. Someone out there
bought it off of me after I decided to part with my original two
MP2000u. But it was a pleasure to hold and use it as it worked so very
well. http://www.eskimo.com/~millerd/nicadapter/examples.html as you
can see in the photo it was a bit offset to one side.

Does anyone know about a PlainTalk Jack and Mic? It seems that
someone here was asking about installing a mic into an eMate. Well if
you are the person asking check this site
http://www.eskimo.com/~millerd/nicadapter/ as it mentions it could be
done and also lists some pointers on how.

Well enough of my ramblings.

God bless and good night! :)

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family