Re: [NTLK] PDF AND NEWTON

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 07:44:28 PDT

> Please let me know how can I open a PDF file. Is it at all possible.

Short answer: you cannot.

Long answer: you cannot, but...
You can try to convert the PDF to images (one image per page), using PDFConv
(www.hendriklipka.de/newton/pdfconv.html). You can either convert into
JPEGs and a HTML page, and the use a browser to display them. Or you can
convert them into BMPs (or PICTs, on the Mac), and make a NewtonBook out of
them (using BookMaker or NTK).
On Windows, this should work good. On the Mac there are problems with the
installation (as PDFConv is a Java program, it requires a recent JVM
installed, and the installer has problems with recent OS X versions :(

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de