Re: [NTLK] New warning message on 2100

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 06:17:53 PDT

>Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:27:46 -0500
>From: Mike Detlefsen <mdetlefsen_at_mac.com>
>
>Card "Card" is formatted for a different language. Do you want to
>update it?

Can happen every once in a while.

>I hit cancel and it booted correctly, recognizing the card and it's
>contents.

Actually your question is already partially answered at this point ;)

>Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Not 100%, but whenever the Newton wants to do sth. to my cards involving words in the line of UPDATE or REFORMAT I tend to say NO THANKS.

> I've never gotten this message before. Should I let it update the card?

Well, is there sth. on that card you're especially fond of? If not, go ahead ;) My experience is that the Newton will throw this message out a every now and then if you use big cards, and the one time I said "yes, update" made me the proud owner of 16MB of free space when all I wanted was Lextionary. So be careful.

Oliver :)

--
Twenty years ago we worried about a nuclear strike by the Russians, now we worry about a nuclear strike by a General Protection Fault or a Blue Screen of Death. We've come a long way, baby. / AsTheAppleTurns on http://makeashorterlink.com/?G28812E39 / Honey, do we still have the keys to the fallout shelter?