[NTLK] Creating Newton PICT resources?

From: Gavin McKenzie (gavin.mckenzie_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 06:22:05 PDT

Okay,

I need a little nudge here...

So, over the last year I've been teaching myself Newton development
and using an eBay purchased PB1400 running OS 8.1 (maybe 8.2, not
sure). This is all going well.

So, now I'm at the point that I'd like to edit PICT graphics during my
development for Newton icons and such. Hmmm...how to do that. Ah,
maybe I need ResEdit. Hmmm...ResEdit not on my PB.
Google...successfully download ResEdit and its PDF manual. Cool,
looks like I can use ResEdit to create icons. Open a resource, open
the PICT resource...damn...why didn't the Bit Editor open? Read the
manual...damn, ResEdit Bit Editors don't work with PICT resources.
Crap.

Okay, maybe MacPaint or MacDraw is on my PB...nope.

*sigh*

Help? What's the recommended workflow and toolset for modifying
resources in an NTK project?

Gavin.