Re: [NTLK] Creating Newton PICT resources?

From: Matthew Hudson (mhudson_at_cox.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 08:07:01 PDT

>So, over the last year I've been teaching myself Newton development
>and using an eBay purchased PB1400 running OS 8.1 (maybe 8.2, not
>sure). This is all going well.
>
>So, now I'm at the point that I'd like to edit PICT graphics during my
>development for Newton icons and such. Hmmm...how to do that. Ah,

I use GraphicConverter Classic. Allows you to edit and save PICT. What
you will most likely be doing though is copying and pasting in to the
resource file you create. Then load them at compile time into your
project with code similar to this:

rf : = OpenResFileX(HOME & "resourcefile.rc");
DefConst('kMyImage, GetPictAsBits("NAMEOFRESOURCE", nil));
CloseResFileX(rf);

-Matt