Re: [NTLK] Hi. I'm New!

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 10:53:26 PDT

It is indeed impressive! How many newcomers this list has.... 6 years
after Newton was supposed to die.
So, as a relative newcomer myself..
On 12 Sep 2004, at 18:39, Roberto Castellanos wrote:

> My Newton didn't come with the cable to hook it up to the computer. So
> I've
> been reading all the FAQ's on every site but I just don't get it. What
> want is simply to be able to transfer my notes and text from my newton
> to my
> computer. I want something that's not impossible to find and not too
> expensive. Like no more than 50 dlls. What can I get to be able to
> move the
> next from the newton to my computer?

To transfer text and notes between ur Newton and your computer, the
easiest way is with NCU (Newton Connection Utilities.)
There are two versions of it. One for (Classic) Mac OS 9 and the other
for Windows. You can download it from UNNA (www.unna.org)

Now to connect the Newton and your computer.

Do you have the "dongle" with you Newton? It is an adaptor that fits to
the weird looking port on top of the Newton and provides a serial mac
port?
Do you have the "Mac serial to RS 232 (PC serial)" cable with your
Newton?
DO you have a memory card for you Newton?

If you tell us these things, we can figure out the easiest and more
economicak way to connect your Newton :-)

Welcome

Kostas