[NTLK] Hi. I'm New!

From: Roberto Castellanos (robercastellanos_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 10:39:33 PDT

Hi.

My name is Roberto. I just joined the list today. I bougt my first Newton on
ebay an couple of days ago. It arrived yesterday. I've been so intrigued by
it since I saw it on some apple archives website that I had to get one.

I must say that when I opened the box I thought I had been scammed! There
was no manual, so it took me like 3 hours to find the stylus (which I
thought it was a button for the backlight, and therefore I thought the
backlight was not working!) after another 3 hours I found the backlight!

Anyway, one of the main reasons I bought the newton was because lately I'm
into blogging. I thought it would be cool to have my newton in my backback
or locker at school and write stuff during my breaks.

My Newton didn't come with the cable to hook it up to the computer. So I've
been reading all the FAQ's on every site but I just don't get it. What I
want is simply to be able to transfer my notes and text from my newton to my
computer. I want something that's not impossible to find and not too
expensive. Like no more than 50 dlls. What can I get to be able to move the
next from the newton to my computer?

I have the MessagePad 2000 and I have a Mac Powerbook G4 and a HP Windows 98
desktop PC. HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

RObERtO.
P.S. I live in the U.S and I have an apple store, compusa, etc close by.