Re: [NTLK] Hi. I'm New!

From: Roberto Castellanos (robercastellanos_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 09:07:41 PDT

Hi Everyone.

I'm Roberto. I wrote the 'Hi, I'm New!' message last weekend. First of all
thanx to everyone for the warm welcome and thanx to everyone that answered
my questions. As everyone suggested I bought the mac to pc serial cable on
ebay to connect my 2000 to my PC. The cable arrived yesterday. I got it on
ebay. I downloaded the newton connection utilities as suggested, and it all
took less than 5 minutes before I was transfering my notes from my newton to
my PC. It was so easy and fast!!!!

So it all worked. Thanks everyone for the help.

I also bought on ebay the serial to USB thing to try and connect to my
powerbook. That one hasn't arrived. I'll let you know if that one works when
it's here.

One more question though... the way my 2000 came, with no PC memory card
things (I'm still learning the names)... why exacctly would I need to buy
the additional memory cards. And also what kind of applications are your
favorites that you want to suggest.

Thanx

Roberto
(Los Angeles)