[NTLK] NewtJab to replace NewtChat?

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 09:30:02 PDT

Okay folks, it's back to the mundane questions. After this Einstein thread I regret having to go back to the same old-same old.

Since it looks like I fall into the small minority of people on this list that uses their Newton for Instant Messenging on a regular basis. And now that NewtChat looks dead without a likely update, has everyone just given up?

What's the story with NewtJab? Does it work well? Does any0ne here on the list use NewtJab on a regular basis that could chime in with some feedback. I understand that you have to establish a Jabber account with your desktop machine before you can use NewtJab on your Newton. Other than that, is the installation and setup pretty straight forward?

--
---
David Deranian