[NTLK] Don't deal with this John Acuff

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 13:39:31 PDT

Hi all,

I have contemplated for a very long time whether I should post this
or not. I asked Victor yesterday, and he said it is ok.

This is a warning not to get into business with a guy known by the
name of John Acuff. The address I have is

John Acuff
3284 N County Road 275 E
Logansport, IN 46947
(574) 722-1333

I sold this fellow an assortment of Newton 130 hardware
in June 2003. As an additional benefit I threw in a couple of
things he needed for free.

Unfortunately, it wasn't really a "sale" because I never
saw any money.

Not having seen payment, I sent polite reminder mails six weeks
and three months later. They were not answered, and I never
received any notification that they weren't delivered, so I
assume the guy has seen them.

In mid-August 2004 a fellow list member found the guy's phone
number and kindly offered to give him a call. He had the fellow's
wife take a message, carefully dictating my email address and
pointing out that I would like him to contact me at that address.

This was more than six weeks ago. I haven't heard anything of him.

This is the first time ever something like this happens to me.
Although 37 bucks isn't a sum I can easily write off, it is not
so much the fact that I was cheated that pi**es me off. I find
it absolutely unacceptable not to get in touch and totally ignore
someone for more than a year who has done everything humanly
possible to be helpful.

So, if you ever plan to cut a deal with a person called
John Acuff, think twice before you do so.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de