[NTLK] Newtway redesign (was: Silent Keyboard)

From: Doug P (dougp_at_ispinn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 05:37:09 PDT

Hi y'all!

I'm finishing up an apartment move here in Hurricane World--Orlando Flordia.

I'm redesigning the Newtway. The G2 Newtway will have a short serial cable attached. It'll be shorter and less expensive than the G1 Newtway. Understandably, the primary complaint about the Newtway has been that it costs about as much as the Newton itself. :-) That's been the primary characteristic which has driven me to make this next design change.

I could use some input from the list. How long should be attached cable be? Same as the cable length on the Newton keyboard? Longer? Certainly not shorter.

I need some time to unpack and get organized and take care of some business in Albany first, but then I'm intending to have demos by mid-November and production starting in January.

Note my new ema: dougp [AT] ispinn [DOT] com. The old one is a SPAM fatality.

newtway [AT] ispinn [DOT] com still works, too.

Doug