Re: [NTLK] FS SER-001 & EM300

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 05:56:47 PDT

[To which I say:]

Great!!!

> I went on ebay and did a search and found that a similar board is for
> sale for a buy it now of $39. According to the listing with a "buy it
> now" a user gets free shipping anywhere in the world. Also found that
> if you were to send in your old dongle you get a further $10 off
> according to auction: 5721551983.
> This works out to $29 total...seems like a decent price.

[To which I say:]

Yes, that's a great price. Did the seller mention that it's a copy (and a
poor one) of my original design? Did he mention that it is THREE generations
back from the board I currently sell? Have you ever wondered just what would
happen to all the old dongles sent back to him?

> David, your website does not list any type of warranty with your board
> whereas on the auction lists a 1 year warranty. What exaclty is your
> warranty policy?

[To which I say:]

Simple.

All products sold by me are repaired or replaced at my discretion.

If you install it and find it doesn't work, I will help you to diagnose the
problem and replace, if necessary.

However, if you put it in the washing machine with a load of washing then...

This extends FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN IT. Selling to another party doesn't
convey this policy except for the relatively few NT members who bought a
batch for subsequent resale. The people they sold to would be covered but
would need to show that they actually bought it from them and not another
party. This is just a sensible limit.

Basically, if you bought from me or DIRECTLY from a reseller you are "on the
books" and are covered. If you bought via a reseller you should contact them
in the first instance to negotiate repair/replacement.

So, do you still think his 1 yr warranty is better?

Regards,

PCBman