[NTLK] NewtSync Success - Couple of Questions?

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 23:14:07 PDT

Hello All-

Well, do to some kind encouragement from Sonya (thanks Sonya!) I've
finally gotten on board with the latest version of NewtSync.

Actually I had tried it out quite a few months ago, but I had about 900
address entries, and that was bogging it down too much, so I didn't
pursue it. This time, I exported all my names via Newton Connection
Utilities, then I wiped my Names app clean so I can start fresh. All my
old PIM data is backed up if I need it, so I'm not worried about that.

I did a sync, and everything worked perfectly including the dates with
iCal. I have just a couple of questions:

1) Is it still the case that NewtSync won't sync a "Company" entry, but
a "Person" entry only? Regardless of whether it's on the Mac side or
the Newton side, it will sync Person entries only right?

2) When the sync is complete, all the addresses on the Newton side up
in the "Untitled Names" folder. Is that normal? Even assuming you have
the same exact folder names on both the Mac side and Newton side, the
sync'd names will only go into Untitled Names folder only, correct?

3) If I manually file the names that reside in "Untitled Names" into
their perspective folders on the Newton, will I get duplicate names the
next time I sync. Meaning will NewtSync put Names back in Untitled
because I moved the same name into a specific folder as opposed to just
leaving it in the "Untitled Folder"? I'm assuming that if NewSync
doesn't see the name in "Untitled" it's going put back a duplicate if
you have NewtSync set up to "Mac Priority".

Thanks for the help.

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.