Re: [NTLK] printing q

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 13:13:44 PDT

Paul Guyot wrote:

> MacOS X advertises printers thru ipp (Internet Printing Protocol or
> something like this), the successor of lpr. Nevertheless, the printers are
> available via lpr/lpd with CUPS-lpd bridge.

An IPP driver should be possible on the Newton as well. To send a job via IPP
all you need is the URL. Sending the job would be virtually identical to an
HTTP POST.

IPP itself is based on HTTP with some specialized headers and message data
built into it. Sounds to me like NHttpLib could be extended to support IPP...