Re: [NTLK] NIE2/Extensions Resolution [Longish]

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 10:57:14 PDT

I ENJOYED the scenario and the step by step. who knows it may help a newbie out one day when they Have the same issue. glad i could help.

LAG

Josef Chessor <josefcub_at_gmail.com> wrote:
Hi again!

Well... It works! Apparently, in my situation at least, having
HeapSaver installed with NIE2 is not only a silly idea, it's also
fatal to NOS in both my MP2000, and my 2100. I'm still wary about the
possibility of damaged/dying Flash, so I've restructured my
applications and such to put as much of everything volatile as is
possible on my everpresent 16MB card. Hopefully, it's not dying
flash. I'm still going to invest in a motherboard replacement (or a
SER-001 for the apparently dongle-dead spare 2100) when I have the
money to do so, just in case.

I'd like to thank Victor and LAG for replying with helpful advice
and suggestions. It took a lot less time than I'd thought, just
starting with the one thing. And next time, I'll try to keep my
problem a little more on-topic and perhaps have my inspirations BEFORE
I post on the list. I tend to ramble on when I'm ill, and could
probably have accomplished this whole thread in a lot less space in
people's mail clients if I'd stuck with just the facts. ;)