[NTLK] Simple mail smtp problem

From: Thoma Mattox (twmattox_at_lycos.com)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 12:33:14 PST

Trying to complete my Simple Mail setup. I am running into a problem:

I go to owner info drawer, tap owner I want to modify (me), tap add, tap Si=
mple Mail, and start filling out the slip. My email server requires SMTP a=
uthentication to send email. I fill out the SMTP host, check authenticate,=
 and click the "Set SMTP Login" button. Then, I get a Newton error button =
"Sorry, a problem has occurred (-48404)".=20=20

I also tried going to the owner info drawer, tap worksite I wanted to modif=
y, tap add, tap Simple Mail, fill out the SMTP host, check authenticate, an=
d click the "Set SMTP Login" button. I get the same Newton error button "S=
orry, a problem has occurred (-48404)".=20=20

Is this normal? Is there a fix? What do I need to do to be able to send e=
mails?

Thanks in advance...
Thoma
--=20
NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites at=
 once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com