Re: [NTLK] External Power Packs for Newtons

From: Les (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 04:05:23 PDT

Addendum to the Newton Battery Booster Pack and cannot comment discussion.
I just read through the BBP's 'manual' and here's what it says (I haven't
followed the thread closely and I'm not sure if this was already covered;
so, bear with me):

From the NBBP manual (more a pamphlet):

'You don't need any batteries in Newton while you're using the Booster
Pack. If you have alkaline batteries inside Newton, Newton will draw power
both from its own batteries and from the Booster Pack batteries.

Don't use the Booster Pack while there's a Rechargeable Battery Pack inside
Newton. The Rechargeable Battery Pack shortens the life of the booster
pack."
(nothing about a charging effect of the rechargeables)

It goes on to state that the battery gauge reports both the status of the
BBP and Newton's own batteries (if present).
End Of Manual

I haven't used the BBP in anyway (yet).

Les
ZAR