Re: [NTLK] Field Charger for the Newton?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 14:45:13 PDT

Macs R Us Computers wrote:
> Hello All!
> Just wondering if there was such a thing as the so
> called Field Charger for the Newton... A External
> Battery Pack that can be connected to the AC port on
> the Newton, and can be recharged by its own Wall
> outlet... Is there such a device on the marked?
>
> Please let me know!

Not that I know of. The only thing that comes close is the "Battery
Booster Pack" which held a bunch of AA batteries. It has been suggested
that this might cause damage to your Newt if you use it for recharging,
so it wouldn't be good for that. But if you remove the Newt battery
pack, it would allow you to keep working till you could get it charged.
  For a picture look at
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/software/NewtonSolutionsGuide.pdf

I think I would rather keep a spare set of AA in a battery cage or a
spare rechargeable pack.

-Dan