Re: [NTLK] Build Your Own Irfra-Red Adaptor (For PC)

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 10:24:23 PDT

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but the device described
in this link isn't a full IR port, merely the transciever end of it.
This requires your motherboard to have the rest of the port (all the
logic stuff) built in, and connections available to hook up the
transmitter / receiver, which is what this describes how to build for
cheap.

That said - this IS pretty neat, especially if your PC happens to
support it. Though I doubt this will be of much use for Mac users.

J Tyler Nichols