Re: [NTLK] perfect hardware

From: paul oberman (poberman_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 12:21:28 PDT

> Then why bother with a full keyboard at all?
because sometimes you want to write an email in under 15 minutes

> Most sms is done with T9 it works reasonable well.
i don't know how much sms you do, but i can shoot back a reply on my=20
treo, in a second, with little or no effort

> You shouldn=B4t if your driving otherwise its not a problem. walking
> around on the other hand:-)
sorry, trying to use handwriting recognition in a moving car, as a=20
passenger, is a nightmare.

> Nokia Communicator 9500 or SonyEricsson P910(although that lacks a =
full
> keyboard, no swedish keys, a real shame)
> or add a gsm-compactflash card to a pda.
> If the Nokia had a flipscreen like the old Clio WinCE-subnotebooks and
> it was a touchscreen that would be the perfect formfactor.
> Out of the pocket -phone
> Open it -palmtop
> flip the screen around -penbased pda
the nokia is a brick, almost a fieldphone. the sony-ericsson is nice,=20=

but i have only used the p900, not the version with the keyboard. i=20
will say the the p910 has a smaller screen than the audiovox.

> Thats why stuff with integrated keyboards is always going to have bad
> sales, I mean it=B4s a HUUUGE problem to add 3 or 4 extra keys for a
> international version and triple your sales!
> Why was Psion never a success in the nordic countries?:-)
> And skipping function keys is bad to, starting a sms, e-mail or=20
> schedule
> a meeting with a one button press is certainly useful.
> Either have a real serious keyboard or just skip it.

cant say much about the nordic issues.