[NTLK] Michigan Newton Gathering - Sunday, April 17th!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 14:44:19 PDT

Here's a brief update for the event:

I made the arduous trek out to the Macomb County Library, to double-check the last-minute details.
I distributed some flyers, so we may get some additional walk-in traffic. I'm debating about sending some fax marketing flyers to a few computer retailers in the area. Might pull in a few more IT geeks.

* The Wi-Fi connection DOES work, but I was told reception is rather weak in our meeting room. However, the main part of the Library will be open, for those who MUST get an Internet fix.

* There is an analog phone line in the meeting room, and I have been given permission to use it for Internet connctivity and Fax demos. Unfortunately, the only working gfax machine in the Library will be locked away in the Librarian's office on Sunday! Oh well. We can at least send a fax off into oblivion (Does anyone have Steve Jobs' fax number?) for demo purposes.

* No projector was available, although there IS a large television in the room. Does anybody have any Newton VCR tapes to bring along? Just a thought. For my presentation material, folks will just have to sit in the front row and read the Powerpoint file off of my laptop, I guess.

* If anybody has an Apple laptop with floppy drive, it might come in handy for some of the oddball Newton software (such as the bar scanner stuff).

* We can serve refreshments, so I'm bringing a coffee maker and some good grind, as well as some basic snack stuff.

If anybody has any additional thoughts or concerns, feel free to contact me.
Thanks.

warmest regards,

Matt K.