Re: [NTLK] NuShield screen protector questions

From: Matthew Reidsma (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 17:55:40 PDT

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:37:53AM -0500, John Royston wrote:

> I was wondering if the NuShield protectors work well with hand writing
> recognition ect or does it require more pressure when writting? Also
> if their are users out there which is best to get antiglare or clear.
> I would like to get an option before I order them.

John,

As a long-time NuShield user, I have never had any difficulty with
handwriting recognition while using the protectors. On occasion I use a
Cross stylus, which seems to have a very soft tip. In this case I do
have to press a bit harder than normal, but I suspect that would be the
case without the protector as well.

I have tried both kinds of NuShields, and I must say that I prefer the
clear. The anti-glare are great if you work in an environment with lots
of overhead lights or write outdoors a lot, but that isn't the case with
me. They seem a bit "milky" and I found that in low lighting it was more
difficult to see the screen. I am in grad school, and use the outliner
to take notes in class. Out here the classrooms are rather dim, for that
fun musty, old feel. If you are in a brighter environment, the
anti-glare might be a better option for you. The clear protectors look
like nothing is on the screen at all, so you'll get the glare issues
with sunlight and such.

Good luck,

Matthew Reidsma
Boston, MA. U.S.A.