Re: [NTLK] DIN Connector build in

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 12:55:31 PDT

> When i opend my new newt21, i found a
> connector on the platin(right word?

Nope. A good translation of the German word
"Platine" would be

- PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- main logic board
- mainboard.

> imean the flat thing where the chips on)can iconnet
> on this the DIN Connector I need for NBU/NCU?

I am not sure I understand. You do not need a DIN
connector for using NBU or NCU, both will run fine
using the 2100's interconnect port.

If what you mean is that you CAN'T use the interconnect
port because you do not have the interconnect port
adapter ("dongle"), this connector could in fact be
used to create the connector you probably mean. It is,
however, not necessary to do so because it is much
safer and easier to use a SER-001. This is a small logic
board that is plugged on the connector you mentioned
and provides a MiniDin connector like the older models
had.
If you are in Germany or in Europe, I could sell you
one of those beasts at cost. If you're closer to the
USA, you'd be better off buying it from David, see

http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/

Cheers

Frank