Re: [NTLK] Defying Gravity: The Making of The Newton

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 08:13:43 PDT

Hello Matt,

Yes, the "countdown" forms the page-numbering that I referred to. The
worst pages in my book are 01-11 to 01-14, which have been cut 1.5 cm
too short (bottom missing) and 01-07, the top edge of which is actually
the top of 01-08 (it shows page number and the "John Scully..."
caption). Fortunately, the text is positioned so high (well, it would
be in normal circumstances) that none has been cut off anyway.

Incidentally, I have the hardback edition of the book. I understand
that there is a paperback edition, too.

All the errors occur in a single binding block of pages ( a "catern" in
Dutch, I believe, but I have no idea what this is called in English).
Perhaps I have a unique example!

The text should scan and convert easily enough -- it's well printed and
extremely clear. But I wouldn't fancy the task myself, with all the
photos and pages such as 01-27...

David