Re: [NTLK] Cosmetic Mods for Newtons

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 15:18:54 PDT

Two thoughts come to mind but both are somewhat risky. Mask off the
display with some stiff poster-board, then drill off the head of the
screw and collect as much of the filings as possible before removing
the screen. Once the screen is out use vice grips to grasp the screw
shaft and remove. Or use a metal saw or thin file to cut a slot in the
screw head and use a flat screw driver to remove, again be mindful of
filings.
Contact me off list and I will send a replacement screw.

Woody