Re: [NTLK] Repair hinge pin or just oil it on eMate

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 17:07:09 PDT

> Will all eMates eventually need the hinge repair?

Yes.

> I read a post from somebody about oiling their hinge.
> Is there any way of telling that does not
> involve disassembly?

Yes. However, oiling the hinges from the outside does not
allow you to check the condition of the hinge springs. It
might well be that they have already been pulled almost
completely out from under the screw. In such a case oiling
wouldn't help at all or not for long. The safest way is
disassembling the eMate, taking the hinges apart, fix what
needs to be fixed, remove the old grease and put on new
grease, and finally install the washers.
If you don't feel up to doing this yourself, there are
people on this list who can and will do this for you
(myself included).

Regards

Frank