Re: [NTLK] Re trade traffic

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 23:17:22 PDT

On Apr 14, 2005, at 10:34 PM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
<snip>

> Better solution, implement on ecartis-side: different mail adresses for
> NTLK as sender and as receiver.
>
> We mail posts to one address, and NTLK mails out with another address.
> This way, you can't reply erroneously.
> Okay, you'd have to change address #2 to reply mails, but that's not
> such a biggie (unless you're the boy of 100 posts...).
>

> Why not do this, might help some. Too much unwanted stuff is being
> posted to NTLK (personal stuff, trade stuff, stuff stuff...).
I disagree, although of course I am the 100 post boy (blush).

I like the way victor currently has it set, which defaults to sending
reply to the list. This encourages the public nature of the Newtontalk
forum, rather then relevant info being spun out into private
conversations...

Of course this does mean, that when we want to reply off list, we need
to remember to change the to address, which is something I think we
have all failed at (sometimes).

Still personally I prefer it the way it is.
Marty